Thursday, May 10, 2007

Life's been good to me so far

Joe Walsh said it all in that classic standby, "Life's Been Good To Me So Far".
I've been working in a new job in the last 5 or 6 weeks, and I can easily say it is the best job I've ever had. I'm working in a contracting firm, doing mostly remodeling type jobs. The work is very satisfying. We had an executive meeting earlier this week, on the porch of a tiny recreational shack, surrounded by cows and trees, miles from the nearest town (population in the hundreds). One of the key points of the meeting was: We will not be rushed. We will not be in a hurry, we will slow down and take our time to do the job to our own satisfaction. We will not work weekends, weekends are for fishing.
I've never had a better job. I suppose this job satisfaction transfers over into personal life as well.
Speaking of personal life, since her birthday, Casey has been sleeping in her own bed. That's 9 or 10 days now, in a row, that she has been in her own bed at night. She has woke up in the middle of the night twice since then, but that's fine with me. This really frees up our sex life, which, I'm ashamed to say, has suffered since our little angel came into our lives. As a result, we are predictably happier and less stressed throughout the rest of the day. So we've spent a lot less time at each other's throats and more time just being ourselves. It's nice.

No comments: